November 14, 2017

October Wrap-up

October was a fail month for me. I only read 4 books :( I think I  might be hitting my slump b/c I haven't really gotten into anything this month either....funny, last year this time is when I got *out* of my slump! Even with Deweys the 21st, I failed. But here are the 3 books I read in October.

★★★★
This was our book club pick, and my first Stephen King book. Growing up my dad had all of his books on the book shelf and I always wanted to read them, but my dad said they were too scary for me. I listened to this on Scribd and the narrator was amazing! The book was great, not scary, but creepy. For book club we watched the movie, but I slept b/c I had to work that night. The girls who watched it said it sucked and was nothing like the book. I plan on watching it soon.




★★★★★
LOVED this book!!!! It kept popping up on my suggested reads for kindle and I wasn't sure. A friend read it though and told me I  must read it. I was on a WW2 kick for a bit, so I picked it up and absolutely LOVED it!! It  focuses on the war from a European side, and I don't remember learning about that in school, so I'm enjoying reading books about it. This is the 2nd or 3rd book I've read about that. 



★★★★★
 Colleen's new book for the year! And the only book I read for deweys. It took me about half the book to get into, but the second half sucked me in and I loved it.



★★★
This one was okay....took me 2 weeks to finish it. I started it as an audio the last couple days at the job I quit last month, and then we went to disney. My plan was to listen to it in the car and that did not work out. I think I would have enjoyed it more had it not taken me so long to read it. The 2nd one should be out soon, and I do plan on purchasing that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment