May 31, 2018

Wrap-up



I failed at reading this month. I switched departments at work and can't have my headphones at work, and my part time job has been scheduling me a lot lately. So, it's been a very exhausting month for me. Also, I've had a hard time concentrating on reading actual books. Basically, I've had all of the issues and excuses this month to keep me from reading, but I did read a little!



★★
I feel like 2 stars might be a bit harsh for this book. This is a KU find that was suggested for world book day. The author is from Chile, and is a pretty popular author in that country. The book was translated to English. The book, to me, just had no point....It's literally about 10 women who go to the same therapist. One day they are in a bus and brought to the therapist office to meet each other. Each chapter is a different girl telling her story. Some of the chapter are semi interesting, and the only reason I kept reading was b/c I was hoping something great was going to happen at the end. Nope. The therapist's story is told at the end, but not even by the therapist....by her assistant. And her story wasn't even that great. I was bored, and irritated with this book.


★★
This book was suggested to me based on other books I had read on Kindle, and I hated it. It killed my historical fiction binge. The entire setting of the book took place in a cabin. Rarely did they leave the cabin. Mostly, b/c the spy/solider had 2 broken legs and was hiding from the SS. But I was just not impressed.


★★★★★
This was supposed to be my main read for the read-a-thon and I barley picked it up. But holy Hell I LOVED this book!!!! A suspense/thriller that really had me guessing. It was a book book AND a library book, so I was able to check a square off on  my bingo!


★★★★
A friend in book club suggested this to me, and since I had read a few other books by this author and loved them ( Barefoot Summer and Lullaby Sky) I figured it was the perfect book to read after I was so disappointed with 'White Rose Black Forest'. A light, and fluffy book was just what I needed.


I read 4 completely different books this month! And although not all of them were my favorite, it was cool to branch out a bit. 

2 comments: