January 6, 2018

Spotlight Saturday




2017 was a really cool year for me and while I was at work the other night, I thought it would be cool to write a blog post about the highlights for me.

I got 3 new tattoos!! Well, 4 if you count my Friday the 13th tattoos as individuals, which technically they are until I tie in the sleeve all together. The first tattoo was an event special at a shop in a town about an hour from me. I don't remember the specific event, but I think it had to do with feminism and Trump....the tattoo ended up being one of 3 of the sister tattoos we now have. The 2nd tattoo is my actual sister tattoo I got. My sisters got it as their sister tattoo a couple years ago, so I got it this year too. It read I'm fine one way and Save me the other way. I also love that its right below my suicide/ eating disorder recovery tattoo. And the last tattoo(s) was a Friday the 13th tattoo event special also at a tattoo shop in a town over. My littlest sister seems to be my new tattoo buddy b/c she was there with me all 3 times. I love tattoos and I plan on 2018 being another year with multiple tattoo adventures!
                          




Next, I WENT PLACES!!  I took 2 amazing vacations this year, and was able to knock things off my bucket list.



Vegas was a surprise sister trip, planned for and paid for by my middle sister. My parents helped out with the hotel and stuff but she did an amazing job planning Her and her roommate live in a different state, so they left their home,and we left ours and met in Vegas for a birthday/ sister bonding celebration. It was amazing and not something I'll forget. It was my first time away from my son and it was weird to be so far away from him, but I enjoyed myself. We did so much, and it was hard to pick just a few pics to share for this, but these wrap up some of the trip. I'm sad we didn't get better pics of us dancing on the bar at coyote ugly since that's once of my bucket list things, but at least there are some!

Then, right after Vegas was Disney. Disney was a weird trip for me....and I plan on writing about it soon, but for now I'll just post some pics!

 



This was a trip I was also able to knock some things off my bucket list!

And lastly, I went to a Hanson Concert with my best friend. Hanson was my first concert, and I remember having a ticket for her and last minute she couldn't come. So when I got the tickets for my birthday I knew she was the one I wanted to come with me. Seeing them as my first concert where we had lawn seats and couldn't see them, versus this concert was like night and day. We were so close to the stage this time, I could not only see them, I could see them sweating! It was amazing. 




I didnt even zoom in for these pics!


2017 was a year I decided to take for myself. I let go of dating and dumb boys and mind games, and focused on me and it was truly amazing. I really needed to step back and look at things and I did. I have amazing friends in my life, and they have amazing supportive partners, that show me what real love and happiness look like. They show me I don't have to settle b/c what I deserve is out there, and maybe I'll find it and maybe I won't. But the point is, it's there, it's real and I can sit it.  I really don't think they know or understand how much they mean to me, and how much they have helped me. I haven't felt this good mentally or emotionally in such a long time and I have them to thank for it the most. 


I'm not really sure how 2018 can be better than last year, but I have high hopes!

1 comment:

  1. For some one who doesn't like to see people cry you bring tears to my eyes a lot! We love you so much. I am so grateful for you and all of our friends. You guys don't make me feel as broken as I think I am. Thanks for being an amazing friend! I think this year will be even better than the last. <3

    ReplyDelete