January 17, 2018

Top 5





First series that came to mind when I saw this prompt was the 'Never, Never' series by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher.  I'm sad to say this b/c I do adore both these authors. They did a novella together, and it came out in a 3 book series. The first book was really good! I think the 2nd came out that same year maybe? But it took forever for the 3rd book to come out. By the time it came out, we had been waiting so long for the last book. Book 1 and 2 ended with such a cliff hanger, we needed closure!! The book finally came out, and I was so disappointed and mad at this book.  I usually like their books, and I can't remember any other series where I didn't enjoy the end of the series. It felt rushed, and they amped up such a suspenseful story and then it just ended. The 3rd book was barley even believable.




I loved this series!The only complaint is this book book went on way too long. I listened to it on audio, so I couldn't tell how long it was, and every time I thought it was going to end, it didn't. It was just long and drawn out. 



I read this a couple years ago, so I can't remember what about this book I didn't like, but like the 'Never, Never' series, the books were really spaced apart. I know books take awhile, but they were novellas so I had to re-read the previous one(s) each time a new one came out. I also remembering being annoyed when I finished the 3rd book. 



This series went on, in my opinion, too long. The series is about 5 brothers and each book is about how they found true love. I loved the books, and this is a series I will probably read again. But this book was the last of the series and it took me forever to get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment