March 24, 2018

Book Review


★★★★



I read this book like 2 weeks ago? It was the book club pick for the month, and I wanted to review it b/c my other 2 friends that read it, hated it. I didn't hate it, so even though I read it a couple weeks ago, I wanted to write a review on it. 


I read reviews on Goodreads all the time and see where people will talk about the writing of the story, and not necessarily the story itself. I always think to myself how weird that it. Until I read this story. I listened to why my other 2 friends hated the book, and I agree with them on their reasons, but I still enjoyed to book b/c of the writing.

The story is about a "Spirit" who is in a new body every day. He's only in that body for the day, and never in the same body more than once. He stays in the same maybe like 200 mile area, and pretty much just suffers through the day trying not to meddle in the body's life too much. Then they meet a girl and lets her in on their secret and finds a way to find her every day. Or at the very least, they email her everyday. The story itself was eh, I found the spirit to be annoying and selfish at times. Like when they wouldn't board a flight to the body's sister's wedding, all b/c they wanted to see the girl. But what I did like about the book. was how the author made each new body their own character. For 24 hours, the spirit was a new person and the author did a good job describing their life. I liked that he was able to make up many many characters lives, even if they were small.

I also really liked the ending. I don't like happy, typical endings, and I don't want to give away the ending of the book, but this did not have a happy ending, and as odd as it sounds, I liked that.

The point of picking this book was so we could watch the movie for the meeting, but the movie didn't do great, so it wasn't out very long. I hope it's released to redbox soon so I can watch it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment