August 31, 2017

Monthly Wrap-up

★★
I actually don't even remember what this book was about, that's how awful it was. But I gave it 2 stars b/c it was okay enough for me to finish it.

★★★★
Really great fiction book with real life pictures. It was a cool concept. Interview style writing, telling the life of a young artist. I'm still not really sure who the girl in the pictures is, but its a good read. 

★★★★★ 
I went back and fourth between giving this 4 and 5 stars b/c I did enjoy this book, but the characters I wanted to strangle sometimes. The old lady was hateful. At times I felt bad for her b/c she did fall for a scam, but then she started scamming people?! And she was just hateful. The teenager I felt sorry for at first. A rich white girl who gets thrown in foster care b/c her parents get arrested. She runs away from foster care and is almost sold into a sex slave ring. She then runs away from the predator. That is where my sympathy ends for the most part. She's a vegan, and not only a vegan, but doesn't eat sugar or white bread or salt or fucking everything. Which is fine, when you're in your house, but not when you're a 15 year old  fugitive. When people are offering to buy you food and you turn them down b/c you "can't" eat it?! Fuck that. She almost starved in jail (really it was barley 3 days, which is not starving to death) b/c she wouldn't eat anything. But it was a cute story and for the most part I enjoyed it. 

★★★★★

★★★★★
By far, the best book I read all month. Amazing. Highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment