April 30, 2018

Wrap up- March




I never did a March wrap up b/c I suck, so I'll do that real quick then move on to an April wrap up



March:



★★★

I can't remember why I only gave this 3 stars but I did like the story. It was about 3 girlfriends, 2 who are surviving abusive relationships. Well, one that's currently in one, and 1 who just got out of one. One of the reason I liked this book was b/c of the highlight on emotionally abusive relationships. They are hard, and there is a recovery process and yet I feel like a lot of people who are in physically abusive relationships look down on us b/c "they had it worst", which I would never say otherwise, but it doesn't discredit our suffering. In this story, the women who has just divorced her emotionally abusive husband is being showered with support from all her friends, but specifically the one in the physically abusive relationship.  Of course, she is trying to hide the abuse, but not once does she play the "well I have it worst than you, so suck it up". It was nice to see the female support in this book. And then later on, it was nice to see the men in the book respecting all the girls's recovery boundaries.



★★★
Having to do with surviving a childhood with a narcissistic mother, this is also a good book about healing and recovery. 


★★★★


★★★★


★★★★★

Finally!!!! It took over 20 books, but I finally read my 5 star amazing book!!!!


★★★★

1 comment:

  1. I want to read In the Light of the Garden. So many books I want to read!

    ReplyDelete