June 28, 2017

Prompt





My first concert was Hanson. More specifically, thanks to google, it was July 2nd, 1998, at the Nissan Pavilion. In middle school, I was freaking OBSESSED with Hanson. I wore a Hanson shirt everyday, my part of the room was covered in Hanson posters, I braided my hair for Zach's birthday, and my  mom would let me stay home from school sometimes if they were going to be on a talk show (since these were pre-dvr days).  I was made fun of constantly for liking them but I really didn't care. Everyone like Nsync amd Bsb, I really didn't see the difference. But I had my few friends who also liked them, or at least tolerated my obsession, and I was fine with that.






My mom bought me concert tickets, and I went with her and 2 of my friends. We had lawn seats, and my dad let me borrow his very expensive, fancy binoculars so I could see the stage so well!! Decked out in Hanson gear, with our hair braided, we had a great time. I'm kinda sad this was before good cameras were an every day thing, so I have no pictures.




BUT! For my birthday, my son's dad bought me concert tickets to see them in September!! I didn't even know they were touring, but I guess he knows someone who works at the venue and he got me tickets before they even went on sale officially. This time they are just at a little coffee house so I will be SO close!! And I'm going with my best friend who should have gone with me in '98 but for some reason last minute couldn't go.   I'm very excited, it's a little out of town so we will get a hotel for the night and it's going to be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment