February 3, 2018

Prompt


The other day was Prompt day! I missed it b/c I did a wrap up instead. I don't have my son today, so I figured it would be a good day to catch up, and I think this was a topic my son actually picked! 


Would you rather live in the country or city?

If I had to pick one or the other, I think it would be hard. I've lived in the country before and it sucked. We were so far out, we didn't have cell service and couldn't get internet. Honestly, we barley spent any time at home b/c it was so boring. It was a good 30 mins from town and there was no running to the store if you forgot something for dinner. You went to town once for the day and stayed there until it was time to come home. This was bout 9 years ago though so maybe cell service and internet are available, who knows. But I'm still not sure I would live that far out, esp sharing custody with my son's dad. 

With that said though, I also hate the city. In my experiences, being in the city means shitty parking and loud noise everywhere all the time. I also don't  like having to walk places, and that's what city living is to me. My moms best friend lives in NYC and likes it enough but as far as like going to the store? It sucks. You have to go every day b/c you can't carry more than a days worth of groceries. When my mom goes to visit, she has to keep going out and moving her car b/c the only parking around his place is 2 hour or 3 hour parking. My sister lives in a big city too and walks everywhere. Or pays to have thing delivered. When she moved out there she didn't even bring her truck b/c she knew she wouldn't need it. I will say that my dad lived on the downtown mall we have in town and that was really cool. I stayed with him when I visited for Christmas, and since I didn't have a car it was cool to just walk out the front door and be able to walk on the mall. I think if you're young without kids and enjoy busy life or nightlife, the city is perfect.

I think a perfect middle ground would be somewhere kind of like my hometown. There is country living that's not far out. But like maybe 15 mins away from town. You have some land, or at the very least a yard, you aren't far from the store or Walmart, restaurants are close, when you leave the house you don't have to pack up to be gone all day, and its far enough away you aren't bothered by the busy city life. When I buy a house I have 3 neighborhoods in mind, and one is in the country. All I really want is to have a yard for my dogs, a porch, and my son wants a porch swing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment