February 17, 2018

Spotlight Saturday





As if I really needed a new show to distract me from things I should actually be doing, but I started Nashville a couple weeks ago. I guess it's been on for awhile, I didn't know. So I'm 6 seasons behind, but I am sure since I love ignoring responsibilities and binge watching TV, I'll be caught up in no time.

I'm almost done with season 1 and I have to say I HATE the husband....The power couple of the show, Rayna Jaymes and her husband Teddy, are fine in the beginning. Then he runs for mayor thanks to the influence of his father in law, Rayna's dad. Somewhere along the campaign. an old flame of his coming back in the picture. Pictures are reveled of Teddy and Peggy are leaked during the campaign by his opponent in hopes to make Teddy withdraw from the race. Rayna discovers another secret about Teddy and Peggy and asks for space. She then decides to cover up her asking for space from the public, by going on tour. While she's out on tour Teddy has an affair with Peggy. Which results in him flying to Chicago where Rayna is, and asks her for a divorce. HE ASKED HER FOR A DIVORCE IN THE MIDDLE OF HER TOUR. Which is whatever, that isn't the part where I started to hate him I didn't even hate him for the affair b/c Rayna was 5 seconds away from having an affair herself when her husband showed up at her hotel door. Here is where I started to hate him, days after he filed for divorce he wanted her to come home so they could tell their girls. I get wanting to tell them before they found out in the tabloids, but really, calm your tits Teddy, its been less than a week since you told her you wanted a divorce. She hasn't had time to process it herself, how is she supposed to tell her kids. All of a sudden, the caring and understanding, loving husband has turned into a fucking asshole. He's being rude to her on the phone for no reason. Rayna comes home, the tell the kids and that night, the older one, whose 13, tells her mom that she overheard her dad on the phone with Peggy and she knows he's seeing her already. The next day Rayna goes to the Mayors office (Oh yeah, he won the race) and confronts Teddy and he tells her its not any of her business. EXCUSE ME?!?! You are not even legally separated yet you are technically cheating!!!!! and you tell her it's non of her business?!?! In my state at least, she could fuck you 10 ways from Sunday for everything you have. This continues. He is a total ass to her for absolutely no fucking reason.  She is nice and civil and can't  get the same respect. They have to decide to share their house I guess for now, that way the kids don't have to be shuffled back and fourth. They alternate weeks. Rayna asks that teddy doesn't bring Peggy into the house. He hangs up on her when she says this, and what does he do BRINGS HER OVER TO SPEND THE WEEK when Rayna brings the kids on tour with her. UGH!! Men are suchs pigs....Peggy has her own house go the fuck over there you disrespectful asshole!!!!

On the other side of that, the other main character, Julliet Barnes, I hated from the first episode, but she's growing on me now.

I'm really enjoying this show, even though it's fiction, it's kind of an inside peak of the music industry.

1 comment: