February 1, 2018

January Wrap-up



I set my reading goal for the year pretty low, or I guess the same as last year, b/c I didn't think I would be able to listen to audio books anymore at work. And as much as I hate to admit it, I'm just too tired most of the time to pay attention to actual books. But this month I was able to listen to audio books more than not at work and I hit 7 books for the month! That leave me at 4 books above schedule for my goal.


★★★★★
I started this series in Sepemeber and I am not sure why it took me so long to read the 3rd book. I read the first 2 back to back and loved them, and this book was no different. It's the same story told by the 3 people involved in the love triangle. I almost always enjoy a love triangle told by the male perspective! 


★★
I really need to stop reading this author. Problem is, when I am looking on Kindle Unlimited for books I usually look at the cover, and then glance over what its about and then download it. When I  find out that I have once again picked a book by this author I am SO annoyed at myself. 


★★★

A story about women helping out in the war did satistfy my interest in reading war stories, however it was a little too romance for me. There really wasn't even that much, but the main girl joins the war in hopes to find her missing fiance. A guy, first off she got engaged to after knowing for a few weeks. And they were only been engaged 3 months I think? before they stopped receiving letters. Maybe its just b/c I have a black heart, but I am not sure I would be joining the war to find a guy I've known maybe 6 months. She was so dedicated to him and it just didn't make sense to me. But I guess that was the time back then. I did very much enjoy the bonds the women formed during their time in the war. 


★★★
The first memior I've read in forever!! The author is apparently a famous blogger? Or something, I am not sure, I've never heard of her. It was about her life growing up in a house of hoarders. I think I plan on writing a whole review on this one. I will say, I did enjoy that this book focused on her childhood and her life after, equally. She didn't focus on every little detail of her childhood, and talked about her life after moving out too. I will agree with some of the good reads reviews and say that she did jump around a lot and that was confusing.  


★★★★
I read a book, by a male author, and ENJOYED it!!! I will admit, I picked this solely based on the cover, and when I saw that my sister in law read it and loved it, I almost put it back. I love my sister in law but she is definitely more intelligent that me and a lot of the books she reads are way over my head. But I very much enjoyed this one. 


★★★
The second book in the series and I didn't enjoy it as much. The series is something like 8 books long and I am glad that I don't really need to read each to see how the story ends. So I think I will stop with this book. 


★★
A friend in my book club was talking about this book so I went for it. As much as I love Disney movies, I have to admit I don't know much of this story, so I went into this with not much expectation. The book was *OK* until part 4, it was entirely too rushed and I feel like it just ended. All of a sudden you hear "and the lived happily ever ever" wait....what?! Apparently the book had a lot of art work on the pages, but I listened to it, so I didn't see the pictures. This was definitely my worst enjoyed book of the month. 

2 comments:

  1. I want to listen to Coming Clean. Also I'm hoping Haleigh will enjoy the Maleficent book.. maybe the end going by fast will go over her head. I'm not a huge Sleeping Beauty fan but from what I DO remember.. aren't the fairies nice? Also those aren't their names. In the book their definitely bitchy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy apparently read coming clean too! Also yeah, I was shocked the fairies in the book are bitchy, they were definitely sweet old ladies in the movies

    ReplyDelete