May 8, 2017

Prompt day!!




                I have some time to kill before Book Club tonight so here is my Prompt for today.



       My Family is bigger than most of my friends and I kinda like it that way. I'm the oldest of 4 and as much as I probably hated growing up with 3 siblings, I like it now. 

        My brother Eric, is 18 months younger than me and I like to think of him as the nomad of the family. He moves around a lot,and usually has nothing with him but a couple bags of clothes to carry from one place to the next.  He is a little more distant than the rest of us. He doesn't have a relationship with my mom anymore, which breaks my heart. He will keep in contact randomly with us, but at one point we were really close and hung out all the time. I guess life dragged us apart, but I check in every once in awhile to make sure he's doing well. He is a chef and went to school up north for it.

      Next is my sister who I can't believe will be 27 this year. She went to school in Charlotte for Physc and now lives in Seattle with her best friend. She's been there about 2 years now, and like me, works overnight grocery. I guess we are alike in that sense.  I miss her but she comes to visit a couple times a year and I might go see her in September!! 

     My baby sister....she is 22, almost 23 and the baby so naturally shes spoiled rotten. She went to CATEC for Cosmotolgy but didn't like it. So she is the hairstylist of the family, but works as server/hostess. She's crazy, but I love hanging out with her when she can fit us into her busy schedule. She was born when I was in 3rd grade, and I helped out with her a lot when I was younger but the age difference was too much I guess when I got older and I found her to be a pain in the ass. Now, the age difference doesn't seem to be that big, and it's weird to actually go to lunch with her and have grown up conversations with her. To me she will always be my baby sister though.

      My parents separated when I moved Florida. It was weird to come home to visit and have to split my time up. Since it was still pretty new (about 4 months after my dad moved out) the first time I visted, it was very awkward. But by the time I moved back, and my dad moved back to VA (he tried out Florid too and realized it sucked so he came back) then I realized what I always knew, They would be much happier split up. As much as it sucked, the tension around them was much easier to handle. And since the waited till we were all grown and graduated, there was no arguing about custody.



                                         This was the last family picture, mothers day 2013. 

1 comment: