May 2, 2017

Read-A-Thon Wrap up

                 



                   I wasn't feeling well on Friday, so I didn't do an entry about my TBR pile for Dewey's on Saturday. I went to the library Wednesday and picked out some books. I had told myself I was going to read books that I already owned since I now have so many unread books, thanks to the book sales I went to earlier last month. But, of course, I had picked out a small pile of books to add to my pile at home, and of course, didn't end up reading any of them. I didn't meet my goal of 800 pages either, but I'm going to do a short review of the books I did read!

First up was "Before I Fall" by: Lauren Oliver
               I was already currently reading this book and wanted to finish the last 50 pages or so for the challenge. I liked the book well enough but the ending pissed me off. It made little sense to me. Maybe it was b/c I was also trying to read during my sons soccer game, which meant a page or 2 and then had to stop, then a page or 2 then had to stop. But I really wasn't into it anymore, and I don't understand WHY it ended like that. I plan on seeing the movie and maybe that will help clarify.
 

Second book was "Ten Thousand Skies Above You" by: Claudia Grey
               This was an audio book that I planned on listening to in the car when I needed to be mobile. B/c it was on audible I wasn't able to switch from listening to book form so I didn't get to get very far in this book until I went to work. Second book in a series, and I fell in love with the first one and was really looking forward to the second. I was disappointed that I did not like this one as much as the second. It didn't keep my focus as much, and I personally felt like it dragged on. I felt like if the author really wanted to she could have split it into 2 books. I do enjoy the store, more than I thought, though. And I'm already on the third book!

Third book was "Milk and Honey" by: Rupi Kaur
                This book really needs it's own entry and maybe I will post my favorite poems in a separate one. But, this is a poetry book I got for Christmas from my secret Santa in book club. I found this book in B&N like a year ago and just knew I had to have it. I loved it. Besides the fact that it was quick and got my page count up, I just really needed to read this book. Amazing book.


Besides a few random pages in a couple other books that's what I read for the read-a-thon. And, I just updated my Goodreads. Looks like I'm one book ahead of schedule for my challange!!

No comments:

Post a Comment