May 20, 2017

Spotlight Saturday

                        




                      I've slept about 5 hours since Wednesday night, so this will be short, but I wanted to write for Spotlight Saturday!!


                      When I was 21 and engaged for the first time (Seriously, who thought THAT was a good idea....), I was excited to get married, but I was sad that I would *hopefully* stay married, and would never know what it was like to have my own place. At the time, I loved living with my then Fiance but still couldn't help wanting a place of my own. 

                      Well, 8 years and 2 failed engagements later I had my own place!! When I was looking for places after I split from my son's dad, I was convinced I would end up renting a shitty basement or having a roommate I would hate. But, I put on my big girl panties, got a 2nd job and found my own Apartment!! ALL mine!! I was very excited to finally have a place of my own. Growing up I shared a room with my 2 sisters, and didn't have my own room until I was 18. Hell, I didn't even have my own bed until then since we had bunk beds. Then when I split from my son's dad, he for some reason got our room and I was forced to share a room with my kid. We shared my king size bed for over a year. So to say we were both excited to have our own space again was an understatement. I was excited to start having people over, and show off my own place. As far as I know, none of my friends had ever had their own place, no roommates, so I felt special. The very first book club meeting after I moved I had at my place and it was great!! Even my best friends came, even though they are allergic to cats.

                This was great. I wanted a cat, got one. I didn't want to clean my house, so I didn't. Didn't want to change clothes after wearing the same pjs for 3 days, so I didn't. Wanted to binge watch shitty tv and eat crap food....go for it!! Thermostat stayed where I wanted it, my food stayed in my fridge, I was honestly starting to think if I would ever live with someone again!!

                 The main reason I wanted to write though was to talk about my library!!!! We don't eat at our dining room table so for months my son and I have talked about turning our dining room into a library. My best friends husband came over yesterday and put my book case together so I can finally put my books in the "Library". I still have some work to do, I want to decorate the bookshelf a little, but I am so excited about this and I love it!! Here are some before and after pics.
                                                                 
                                                                        Before





After





Another good note to all this, I dropped off 3 boxes of stuff to goodwill. It's stuff I packed up probably a year ago and just have been too lazy to drop it off. I know I have some more work to do, but it's a start! And I've re done the living room a little too. So now, with a little organization I love my little apartment even more. 

2 comments:

  1. When you get your other bookcase from Tony we'll go on a book buying spree!!! <3 I love your apartment and am secretly jealous because I've never lived anywhere alone BUT I wouldn't trade this either. However next place I'm definitely getting a library! I can't wait to come sit in your library and read <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saved $30 on my gift card from my birthday for a book spree!! And I am in the process of going through my books to give some to the book room and get credit!

      p.s. I am secretly jealous of your home sometimes too!

      Delete